Asparagus Fondue with Cream Crackers ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13056 times
The benefits of greens mixed in the creamy mixture of cheese and milk provides the perfect dip for creamy crackers…. . A delightful treat for your family and friends. A yummy option for the calorie conscious as well.
Serve the way you want either with khakhras, cream crackers, vegetables etc. Usually there is lots of cheese in this dip, however you cut calories I reduced the cheese and to give the same thickness and texture added cornflour and milk that thickens it. Surely a must try!
- Combine the asparagus with 1 cup of water in a non-stick deep pan and cook over a medium flame till it softens. Keep aside.
- When cool, blend in a mixer till smooth. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in another non-stick pan, add the asparagus purée and sauté over a medium flame for few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, cornflour-milk mixture, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes or till the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the flame, add the asparagus spears and cream and mix gently.
- Serve hot with cream cracker biscuits or vegetable sticks.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.