Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11652 times
A simple and delicious Chinese vegetable Manchurian recipe with a sweet and sour taste. The grated vegetables are mixed with gram flour or maida and the deep fried. These vegetable balls are the simmered in a Chinese sauce rich gravy and enjoyed with noodles or rice.
- Soak the arbi in fresh water for half an hour.
- Drain and then wash thoroughly.
- In a vessel of water add tamarind and arbi and steam in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Peel the arbi, and in a pan deep fry till golden brown.
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a sauce.
- Pour this sauce over the arbi and toss.
- Serve hot as a evening snack with a piping cup of hot tea.
This recipe was contributed by apoorva23 on 27 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.