Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53520 times
Arbi lajawab is a tasty vegetable recipe with arbi or colocasia cooked in a tangy curd and gram flour or besan based gravy. A tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves renders a delicious taste to the arbi dish. . Discover many novel vegetable recipes at tarladalal. Com
- Combine the curds and besan and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the arbi pieces and saute for five minutes, till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the curd-gram flour mixture, mix well and simmer till the ghee floats on top and the gravy is thick.
- Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatis, or rice.
This recipe was contributed by diamondharish on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.