by Anupama Murali
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6257 times
U can also add some lenthil water if u feel its very spicy.
if serving as soup, add a drop of ghee or little butter before serving.
Add your private note
Aracha rasam recipe - How to make Aracha rasam
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Tomato - 1
tamarind juice - little to taste ( 1/2 lemon size soaked in warm water)
Hing - little salt to taste
Water - 3 tea cups
GRIND TO PASTE :
Coriander seeds - 1 table spoon
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
fenugreek seeds - 4 or 5 seeds
black peppercorns - 1 tsp
Red Chillies - 5 or 6
Garlic - 5 crowns
coriander leaves - 2 or 3 strings (cleaned and washed)
Curry leaves - 51/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
oil 2 tsp
- In a kadai, boil tomato in 3teacups water.
- When the tomato becomes really soft, take it out from the water and mash it with a spoon and put it back in to the remaining boiled water. if the water is to less u can add some more water.
- Add tamarind juice(according to the sour taste u want).
- Add the ground paste with salt and hing.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. let it boil on a medium heat for 2 mins then take it off the heat.
- Heat oil in a separate kadai,
- Add the mustard seeds
- As the seeds splutter add curry leaves,
- Pour this seasoning into the rasam.
- Hot rasam is ready to be served with rice, or as a soup.
This recipe was contributed by Anupama Murali on 20 May 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.