Apricot Yogurt Parafait
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2399 times
Parfaits are layers of yogurt or cream or ice cream, granola, fruits and dry fruits drizzled with or without a sweetener. Parfait is a single serve breakfast or dessert that consists of layers of cream or yoghurt, fruit and occasionally other variations such as nuts or muesli.A French parfait is typically frozen custard, but in America the dessert is most known for the tall glass that it comes in while the ingredients can vary widely. Ice cream is common favourite in a parfait, but you can also use sorbet, sherbet, yogurt, and myriad other ingredients for a sophisticated dessert.
- Transfer the curds to a fine cloth and hang for minimum 3 to 4 hours till all the water from it flows away preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Soak the apricots in warm milk and keep aside.
- Grind the cashewnuts along with the sugar to a fine powder.
- Puree the apricots and pass through a sieve to have a smooth puree.
- Combine the hung curds, powdered sugar and cashewnuts mixture and nutmeg powder in a blender and blend till smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into small glasses up to half of the glass.
- Pour the apricot puree on top of the hung curds mixture. Refrigerate uncovered.
- Serve chilled topped with chopped apricots and toasted walnuts.
This recipe was contributed by Alkajena on 17 Nov 2015Food Blogger...Recipe Creator...Food Stylist....Food Photographer...Dedicated mother...Working profe...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.