Apple and Poppy Seed Wheat Cake
by Neha Chougule
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3162 times
A delectable blend of apples and poppy seeds go into making this yummy, innovative cake made with wheat flour. This cake is so moist it is great even without any frosting, a perfect anytime sweet treat. The poppy seeds sprinkled on top give a nutty-crunchy flavour.
- Grease and dust tin and keep it aside.
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees.
- Sieve wheat flour, plain flour, baking powder,soda bi-carb at least twice.
- Add condensed milk, honey, butter and mix it for a minute.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it for a minute.
- Add flour and aerated soda alternately till all the flour is used up.
- Gently fold in chopped apples and poppy seeds.
- Pour it in baking tin.
- Bake it for 25 minutes at 180 degrees and then sprinkle poppy seeds and again bake it for 10 minutes at 160 degrees.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by Neha Chougule on 21 Jun 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.