Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes ( Baby and Toddler )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 218 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 147176 times
Fancier than porridges and single-fruit stews, this Apple and Carrot Soup with Potatoes is a dish that will introduce your child to more exciting flavours and textures.
Rich in energy and vitamin A, this soup is a meal which will make the baby feel satisfied for some time.
As your baby approaches the eighth month, you can start adding ingredients like onions that have a strong flavour. You can also add a dash of pepper to this soup if your baby seems to like it.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrot, potatoes, apple and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Pour the purée into a broad non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values 1 cup
|Energy|| 72 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.6 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 11.3 gm|
|Fat|| 2.7 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.0 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 254.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.