Apple Upside Down Cake
by Aditya Vikram Shah
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3656 times
An apple upside down cake is an elegant tea time treat
- Grease and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- Peel the apple and cut into thin, even slices.
- Lay the apple slices at the bottom of the cake tin on top on the parchment paper neatly.
- Sprinkle the spices and lemon juice on top of the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar all over the apple slices.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt and give a good mix.
- Add the butter and water.
- Mix well but do not over mix.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the batter on top of the apple slices.
- Preheat the microwave oven at 160c.
- Place the tray in the oven and microwave at HIGH for 8 minutes.
- Further bake the cake at convection/grill mode at 160 degree C for 3 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven only after the exhaust fans on the microwave have turned off themselves.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then loosen edges with a knife. Invert on a plate.
- Slice and serve the apple upside down cake warm.
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 05 Sep 2013I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.