Apple Tomato Soup
by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6003 times
A Jain version of Tomato Soup without adding onion/garlic. Adding apple gives a sweet and tangy twist to this Soup.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the bayleaf, cinnamon, pepper powder, ginger paste, green chilli paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute it for a minute.
- Add a glass of water, place the bunch of coriander at the centre, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of ghee in another pan, add the apple and saute it for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer it into a bowl and set it aside for using it in the Soup.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid, discard the coriander and bay leaf and transfer the cooked mixture into a blender and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Pass the mixture through a siever.
- Now transfer it again into a pan, add water to adjust the consistency and season it with salt and sugar.
- After seasoning, add the sauteed apple to the soup and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 11 Feb 2014I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.