Apple Tea Time Cake
by LOPA SHAH
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 9607 times
Cakes and pastries are of many varieties; chocolate sponge cake is common and from the basic chocolate cake one can make as many varieties as one wants. This apple cake is to be served especially with tea or coffee, tea time cakes are little less sweet than regular cakes
- Combine the butter and condensed milk in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda and enough water and whisk well so that no lumps remain.
- Add the curds and mix well.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon essence and mix well.
- Pour this batter in greased loose bottomed 7" pie base.
- Arrange apple slices on top of it.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes or till th cake is cooked.
- Remove the cake and sprinkle little castor sugar evenly on top of the apple slices and bake again for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and the pie base and allow to cool.
- Brush apple slices with apricot jam.
- Cut into four pieces and serve warm with tea or coffee.
- Apply little lemon juice on apple slices, so that apple slices will not turn brown.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 02 Jul 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.