Apple Sauce By sonaprem
This recipe has been viewed 3791 times
Find an easy way for preparing the delectable apple sauce which can be used warm or chilled as topping, filling or spread. The diced apples are cooked along with lime juice, sugar and nutmeg powder.
- Peel, core, dice and apples.
- Combine apples, water and lemon rind in a large saucepan.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mixture should be mushy with few chunks of apples left.
- Add sugar and allow to melt while simmering on slow.
- When sugar is melted add cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Watch closely and stir often to prevent burning.
- Applesauce should be thick, not watery.
- Check with plate or other test (refer jams, preserves,)
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Note: sugar quantity may be increased or decreased depending on the variety of apples used: if apples are very sweet decrease sugar and if sour then increase a little.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.