Apple Pie By vidhirc
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5500 times
an easy and tasty recipe to recreate the magical and popular apple pie by filling the apple puree in baked tarts and serving it with whipped cream over the top.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add salt (optional).
- Cut the margarine into small pieces and rub into the flour with your finger-tips, until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the water, a little at a time and form into a dough.
- Do not make it too sticky.
- It is better if you can let it stand for half an hour in the fridge before using.
- While the pastry sits in the fridge, wash core and slice the apples.
- If you like your pie filling firm, leave them alone. if you like a soft filling, cook them in 1 tablespoon of water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease or oil an 8 inch pie dish. take half the pastry and roll out thinly on a floured surface, line the bottom of the dish.
- Cut off the excess and keep to one side.
- Put the apples on the bottom crust and sprinkle with sugar and cloves.
- Turn on the oven to preheat to gas mark 5, 190°c, 375°f.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry and cover the apples.
- Trim round and pinch the edges together.
- Use the trimmings to make leaf shapes (or the silhouette of your favourite film star) to decorate the top.
- Brush with oil if you want a golden pastry top.
- Finally cut a small slit in the top to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until go.
This recipe was contributed by vidhirc on 22 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.