Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14358 times
Apple phirni presents a novel phirni recipe with grated apples and rice flour cooked with boiling milk and sugar. A creamy delicious phirni recipe with crushed nuts and almond slivers as garnish.
Add your private note
Apple Phirni recipe - How to make Apple Phirni
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for i hour.
- Keep 1 cup of milk aside and boil the remaining milk.
- Drain the rice and blend in a mixer, using the cold milk.
- Add the remaining cold milk to the paste and mix well.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the rice-milk paste, while stirring continuously and mix well.
- Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, for atleast 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and mix well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and saffron, mix well and remove form the flame to cool.
- Peel and grate 2 apples and add when the mixture has cooled well.
- Garnish with one sliced apple and the chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.