Apple Pecan Pie
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3640 times
Enjoy the freshly baked Apple pecan pie with evening tea or as a dessert after meals. The popular nd all time apple pie recipe with pecans as filling, the apple pecan pie is simply irrestible and quite easy to prepare.
- Preheat oven to 450°f.
- Mix raisins and bourbon; set aside.
- Spread all of the margarine onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. press pecans, top sides down, in margarine
- Pat brown sugar evenly over pecans.
- Divide pastry in half; roll out one half to 10-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Place over brown sugar in pie plate.
- Drain raisins; discard liquid. toss raisins with apples, granulated sugar, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Spoon over pie crust in pie plate.
- Roll out remaining pastry to 10-inch circle.
- Place over apple mixture;
- Crimp edges of pastry together to seal.
- Prick top crust with fork to allow steam to vent.
- Bake 10 minutes. reduce heat to 350°f.
- Bake an additional 45 minutes or until top crust is lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes or until filling stops bubbling.
- Place serving plate over pie; carefully invert pie onto plate.
- Remove pie plate. cool completely.
- Serve topped with whipped topping.
This recipe was contributed by pmloverforever on 01 Apr 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.