Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4918 times
Apple karanji is a sweet dish recipe with grated apples cooked in ghee and sugar and then served topped with chopped nuts. A fruit based mithai recipe, apple karanji is an excellent choice for parties and festivals.
- First make a smooth dough with (above)given ingredients.cover with a muslin cloth.keep aside.
- Prepare apple cream or stuffing now..
- Wash&peel apples.
- Remove seeds&hard part inside.
- Crush them&mix sugar,cook for 3 to 4 min. till the cream gets thick.
- Add cinnamon,cardamompowders
- Stir well.
- After getting like paste,remove from the heat,allow to cool.
- Now make equal size balls (without cracks)with well kneaded dough.
- After cooling take the apple cream&add 1tsp corn flour to get stiff cream.
- Make 8karanjis (using mould)
- And deep fry them in the ghee to golden brown colour.
This recipe was contributed by devi.m on 15 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.