by Foodie #621387
This recipe has been viewed 4081 times
Apple Gujiya, the traditional festive sweet Gujiya which is normally stuffed with mava gets a fruity twist. Stewed apples, nuts and spices go into making this tradiional sweet treat. This festive season serve Apple Gujiyas and get lots of compliments for the innovative twist to the traditional recipe.
Add your private note
Apple Gujiya recipe - How to make Apple Gujiya
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutesMakes 10 to 12 apple gujiyas
- In a large bowl seive the flour and salt together.
- Add the melted ghee or butter.
- Rub the ghee in the flour with your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs or coarse meal.
- Add cold water gradually and knead the flour into a smooth dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes
- Heat a pan and add the apples along with sugar.
- Stir on a low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the spice powders and mix well.
- After 4-5 minutes, add the khoya and stir the mixture.
- The khoya would begin to melt. Continue stirring.
- Add the chopped dry fruits and mix it with the mixture.
- When all the khoya has melted, switch off the fire.
- Keep this mixture aside till it cools.
- Make medium sized balls of the dough.
- Roll in to a round/puri, neither thick nor thin.
- Put a few tbsps of the apple-khoya filling on one side.
- Apply water on one of the outer edges.
- Cover and press the edges together.
- Cut out the excess dough from the edges with a knife or pastry cutter.
- Pleat the gujiya neatly from top to end.
- Make all the gujiyas this way and keep them on a thali or plate. Cover them.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Deep fry the gujiyas in moderately hot oil till they are golden browned from all sides.
- Drain gujiyas on kitchen paper napkins to remove excess oil.
- Serve gujiyas hot or warm.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #621387 on 01 Jul 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.