Apple Cinnamon Ice-cream ( Low Calorie Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 108 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50140 times
An age-old combination of apples and cinnamon combines here to make an ice-cream which tastes equally great.
- Add ½ cup of water to the apples and cook it in a non-stick pan for 8 to 10 minutes till they turn soft. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Combine the milk powder and cornflour with 1 tbsp cold milk in a bowl and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a non-stick pan, when it starts boiling add the milk powder and cornflour mixture while stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the milk thickens and keep aside to cool.
- To the cooled mixture add the apples, cream, sugar substitute, cinnamon powder and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an aluminium vessel, cover it and place in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the mixture has set, remove from the freezer and blend in a mixer till it is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the same vessel, cover and place it in the freezer again till it sets.
- Just before serving, place the scoops of ice-cream in 4 individual bowls.
- Serve immediately garnished with apples.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.