Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5888 times
Get ready to mop up south indian delicacies and curries with the soft and tasty pancakes called appams. The rice flour appams are easy to make and can be perfected with little practice.
- Sprinkle the yeast granules and sugar on 1/2 cup of lukewarm water mix well and keep aside for 15-20 mins.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain and keep aside.
- Soak the rice in water for 4-6 hrs, drain and keep aside.
- Soak the dal and methi together for 4-6 hrs and drain.
- Combine the dal, and methi and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the rice and shredded coconut and grind to a smooth batter.
- Add the salt, and the yeast mixture, mix well and leave to ferment for 8 hours.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Heat the aappam chatti or a kadai.
- When the pan is hot enough, take a ladleful of the batter pour into the wok, and swirl it around to make small appams.
- Cook form both the sides till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.