Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10373 times
A south indian dessert recipe, appalu (jaggery) is prepared by cooking together rice flour with coconut, nuts and jaggery. Relish the appalu as a sweet delight after meals or as in between snacking option.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a deep pan and add the jaggery, mix well and cook till the bubbles are formed.
- Remove from the flame, add the cardamom powder and ghee and mix well.
- Add the rice flour gradually and mix well to make a semi-soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and pat each portion to make a vada.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry each vada till golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Roll them over sesame seeds and serve.
This recipe was contributed by devi.m on 14 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.