Anokhi Bajra Chaat
by MEENA SAVLA
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5404 times
“CHAAT” is favourite of All. “ANOKHI BAJRA CHAAT” is an healthly option to Chaat. It is quick and easy to prepare. I am sure all will enjoy it.
Add your private note
Anokhi Bajra Chaat recipe - How to make Anokhi Bajra Chaat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Soak the whole bajra in enough water in a deep vessel for 8 to 10 hours or over night.
- Drain well.
- Add enough water, salt to taste to bajra and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the tomato puree, dry masala powders, pepper powder and cook stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Add boiled bajra with the liquid (water in which bajra was cooked), salt to taste, more water if required to make a good thick Rasa, mint and cook for 5 minutes. Keep aside hot.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a flat non stick pan , add pieces of potatoes-sweet potatoand sauté a little.
- Cover and cook till golden, stir in between. Add all the rest of ingredients for Potato Layer and mix well.
- Arrange Potato Mixture in a deep serving plate, put enough hot Bajra Rasa on it.
- Top with imli chutney, red garlic chutney, green chutney, onion, sprinkle red chilli powder-jeera powder-chaat masala powder and salt. Garnish with nylon sev and coriander.
- Arrange 2-4 papadis on side and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by MEENA SAVLA on 24 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.