Anjeer Basundi ( Weigth Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31380 times
Traditional anjeer basundi makes use of dry anjeer, which is high in calories and fat i have used fresh anjeer (figs) to make this recipe low cal. Use of low fat milk and cornflour for thickening instead of high fat cream further cuts down in calories yet retaining its creamy texture and mouth feel.
- Refrigerate the fig pieces to chill.
- Pour the milk into a broad non-stick pan and bring to a boil. Simmer over a medium flame stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice drop by drop to the milk stirring continuously. You will see tiny curdled particles, which are required for the grainy texture of basundi. Do not add the lemon juice all at once, if you do so the milk may curdle completely and you will get bigger curdled particles, which is not d
- Add the cornflour mixture, khoya and sugar substitute and mix well and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Add the chilled figs to the cooled thickened milk and mix well.
- Serve chilled garnished with fig slices.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 149 kcal|
|Protein|| 13.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 22.6 gm|
|Fat|| 0.5 gm|
|Calcium|| 579.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.