Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6256 times
Anjeer or figs are a much revered dried fruits and this Anjeer Barfi recipe brings out the exotic taste and good health benefits of Anjeer in a sweet way. The burfi or sweet dish is made from Anjeer, khoya, sugar and enjoyed as dessert for festivals and parties.
- Soak dried figs in two cups of water for three to four hours.
- Drain and make a puree using a little water if required.
- Alternatively, place dried figs in one cup of hot water for two to three minutes.
- Drain and let cool. make a puree using a little water if required.
- Chop seedless dates and place in half a cup of hot water for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Make a puree. alternatively, cook dates in a microwave oven on microwave high (100%) for thirty seconds and make a puree using a little water if required.
- Chop almonds, cashewnuts and pistachios fine. grease a tray.
- Heat ghee in a pan. add fig puree and dates puree.
- Stir well and cook on medium heat, stirring continuously, for ten to fifteen minutes or till excess moisture dries up.
- Add almonds, cashewnuts and pistachios.
- Mix well and continue to cook for ten to fifteen minutes, stirring continuously. the mixture will begin to leave the sides of the pan.
- Spread evenly on the greased tray. cover with silver warq.
- When cool, cut into pieces and serve.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 29 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.