Andhra Pesarattu with Ginger Chutney By Kundhu
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13783 times
Andhra Pesarattu with ginger chutney makes for a lovely delicious and healthy breakfast combination. The pesarattu is prepared from a batter comprising of moong dal and is then served crispy hot with ginger pickle or chutney.
- Wash moongdal 2 or 3 times, and soak it in water for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drain the moongdal and grind it with onion , ginger and green chillies to a smooth batter.
- To it,mix in the rice flour, without forming lumps.add salt to taste .
- Heat oil and fry the cumin seeds till they splutter, then saute the finely chopped onions and green chillies for 2-3 minutes.set aside.
- Heat a dosa pan. when sufficiently hot, pour the batter and spread it from the centre.add a little oil around. on the dosa, sprinkle a little of the topping mixture, and slightly press with the flat ladle.
- Cover the dosa pan with a lid, and fry till the dosa becomes crisp on the bottom,and cooked on the other top.(there is no need to turn over)
- Fold and serve hot with ginger chutney, and sambar.
- Heat a little oil and fry red chillies, black gram dal and then ginger.grind with coconut,jaggery, tamarind and salt.
- Heat a teaspoon oil . when it is hot, add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds. after they splutter, garnish the chutney with this tadka.
- Serve with pesarattu.
This recipe was contributed by kundhu on 24 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.