Andhra Mysore Rasam
by samyuktha agarwal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3169 times
This is a typical south indian recipe which will make your taste buds tingle with the flavours in it. . . .
- Puree the tomato and transfer it a vessel.
- Add the tamarind extract, salt, sambar powder, asafoetida, turmeric powder and boil this for 7-9 minutes on a medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Add 2 cups of water to the cooked dal and add in the ground paste to this and mix well.
- Transfer this to the boiling tamarind and tomato mixture.
- When it froths up switch off the flame and garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Temper mustard seeds in ghee and add to the rasam.
- serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by samyuktha agarwal on 20 May 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.