Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4923 times
Ananas Curry is a sweet and sour curry recipe made from chopped ananas or pineapples. The tempering of hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves and addition of tangy tamarind water and grated coconut adds to the flavour of this South Indian vegetable delicacy.
- Heat up oil( 1 tablespoon) in the pan and add 1 teaspoon of mustard and cumin seeds and let them splatter.
- Saute all the ingredients in (a) till onions are caramelized or are golden brown.
- Let the mixture cool down before blending into fine paste with 1/4 cup pineapple water and tomato paste/puree.
- Heat up oil once more( 1 tablespoon) and add 1 teaspoon of mustard and cumin seeds and let them splatter but now pour the mixture entirely into the pan .
- Also remaining pineapple water and crushed pineapple.
- Once the mixture starts to simmer,add coconut milk and keep stirring for 5 minutes and add pineapple chunks.
- Also add cumin,turmeric and chilli powder and salt.
- Keep stirring gently so that pineapple chunks remain whole.
- After 15 minutes of boiling or till the curry seems thicks and creamy,its time to be served with your favorite rice.
This recipe was contributed by varsha_bachulal on 01 Feb 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.