Amrit Peda By bhavna6
This recipe has been viewed 3501 times
Amrit peda are the malai pedas which are stuffed with pistachios. A rich dessert recipe prepared from mawa, crushed nuts and sugar, amrit peda is appealing in looks and creamy and delicious in taste.
Add your private note
Amrit Peda By bhavna6 recipe - How to make Amrit Peda By bhavna6
Preparation Time: : 15 mins. Cooking Time: : 15 mins. Total Time:
- Combine the khoya and powdered sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved and the moisture has evaporated (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from the fire, add the cardamom powder and mix well. allow it to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into two portions, 2/3 and 1/3.
- In the 1/3 mixture, add the pistachios and mix well.
- In the 2/3 mixture, add the saffron strands and mix well.
- Divide the pistachios mixture into 8 equal portions. shape into even sized rounds.
- Divide the saffron mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into even sized rounds.
- Stuff each saffron round with the pistachio round and seal the edges completely.
- Make designs on the peda using a toothpick.
- Garnish with slivered pistachios.
This recipe was contributed by bhavna6 on 22 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.