Amrit Peda By Hpatel7
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3585 times
The awesome Amrit pedas are basically malai pedas which are stuffed with pistachios and then served decorated with slivered pistachios as garnish.A rich and creamy peda recipe which can be prepared for festivals or pujas.
Add your private note
Amrit Peda By Hpatel7 recipe - How to make Amrit Peda By Hpatel7
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- 1. combine the khoya and powdered sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved and the moisture has evaporated (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- 2. remove from the fire, add the cardamom powder and mix well. allow it to cool completely.
- 3. divide the mixture into two portions, 2/3 and 1/3.
- 4. in the 1/3 mixture, add the pistachios and mix well.
- 5. in the 2/3 mixture, add the saffron strands and mix well.
- 6. divide the pistachios mixture into 8 equal portions. shape into even sized rounds.
- 7. divide the saffron mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into even sized rounds.
- 8. stuff each saffron round with the pistachio round and seal the edges completely.
- 9. make designs on the peda using a toothpick.
- 10. garnish with slivered pistachios.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 09 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.