Amla ki Launji
by Chhaya Taparia
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40668 times
Amla is a rich source of vitamin c. In winters amla is available in plenty. Amla ki launji is moderately spicy and unlike pickle, you an eat it in more quantity thus enjoying the benefits of amla.
- Boil the amlas in a pressure cooker only for one whistle.
- When cool, remove the seeds and separate the segments.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fennel seeds, asafoetida and red chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the amla segments followed by the masalas, mix well for two minutes.
- Add sugar and sprinkle one tsp Of water.
- Mix again and remove from the flame after 1-2 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by Chhaya Taparia on 19 Oct 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.