Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28770 times
Amla rice is best accompanied with pickle or raita.
- Wash and chop the amla around the seed and discard the seeds.
- Combie the amlas, coconut, green chilles and salt and blend in a mixer into paste, adding little water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the peanuts, urad dal, chana dal, chillies, asafoedita and curry leaves, and saute for a minute on a medium flame.
- Add the ground amla paste and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the steamed rice, green peas and salt and mix gently, cover and cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.