Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20813 times
Amla raita is a rich source of vitamin c. Children who do not enjoy amla will enjoy this raita along with hot phulkas or rotis.
- Steam boil the amlas till they are soft.
- Allow them to cool and de-seed them.
- Grind the amlas with green chillis and grated coconut in a mixer till smooth.
- Add salt and mix well along with beaten curd.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chilli, curry leaves and a pinch of hing and saute for 10 seconds/
- Add this to the amla chutney ad mix well.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Store refrigerated in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by lamiks on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.