5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45174 times
Amla achar, it is tangy and spicy achar which can be served as an accompaniment for parathas, theplas or for rice preparation. It can be store for a year or more.
- Cut the amlas them into small pieces (along the line seen on amla). Keep aside.
- Soak the tamarind in 50 ml warm water and remove the seeds.
- Blend the tamarind, turmeric powder, chilli powder, fenugrek powder and salt and into a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat half the oil in a kadhai and fry the amla pieces.
- Cover and cook the on a slow flame, without adding water, till they become soft.
- Add the tamarind paste and remaining oil and saute for 5 minutes.
- Heat a tsp of oil and add the mustard and fenugreek seeds, when they crackle, pour on top of the amlas.
- Allow to cool and store in air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Gayathri08 on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.