Amiri Khaman ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 126202 times
However many modern fast foods you might have, there are times when the taste buds and the heart yearn for a traditional snack like amiri khaman. Comprised of crumbled and garnished dhoklas, this delicious snack can be prepared in just five minutes in a microwave!
- Combine the besan, semolina, citric acid crystals, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Adjust consistency of the batter using 1 to 2 tbsp of more water if required.
- Just before serving, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6”) diameter microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Allow it to stand in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make one more batch of dhoklas. Keep aside to cool.
- Crumble the dhoklas lightly with your fingers to get khaman.
- Add the green chillies, 2½ tbsp of oil, lemon juice and sugar, mix well and keep aside.
- Put the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 40 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds and asafoetida and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering on the khaman and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with sev, coconut and coriander.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break lumps of the besan, sugar and citric acid crystals.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||205.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||60.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.