Amiri Khaman ( Delicious Vegetarian Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106998 times
Amiri khman, a delicious spicy teatime snack. Will be loved by all.
- Soak the dal for at least 6 hours.
- Leave 4 tablespoons of dal aside and grind the rest with the green chillies and ginger.
- Add the whole (unground) dal.
- Add the soda bi-carb, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Keep the mixture aside for at least 4 hours.
- Spread a little mixture at a time in a thali (flat metal plate with low rim) and steam to make dhoklas. Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Cool and crumble.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and a little salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a vessel and add the mustard seeds. When they stop popping, add the garlic, fry for a few seconds, add the asafoetida and fry again for a few seconds.
- Pour this mixture on top of the crumbled dhoklas.
- Decorate with chopped coriander, grated coconut and sev and serve.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.