Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9212 times
Here is an easy to prepare and delicious dessert recipe, american halwa which is quite unique from the traditional halwas. The pistachios are sliced and roasted with butter and then blended with milkmaid or condensed milk along with dates and powdered sugar.
- Cut pista in small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a , add pista and dates and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Remove from the flame and make rolls of the mixture.
- Roll them in powdered sugar and keep aside to cool.
- Refrigerate for 8 to 10 hours.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by ritukishore on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.