Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2470 times
A traditional East Indian sweet delicacy, coconut pitha is prepared from rice flour, sesame(til) seeds and grated coconut. This delicious pitha typically uses coconut and sugar/jaggery mix as filling and is served hot with kheer.
Add your private note
Ambot Tik recipe - How to make Ambot Tik
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Cut the fish into medium pieces, rub in salt and set aside.
- Grind all the other ingredients except the onion into a paste (masala) with a little water.
- Fry the onion until brown.
- Add the masala and fry for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Bring to boil then add fish.
- Cook on low heat until tender.
- Add a little salt and vinegar to taste.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.
This recipe was contributed by sonalib on 19 Nov 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.