Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8487 times
Alu ka halwa- yummy potato halwa is truly an awesome tasting sweet dish recipe made from grated aloo or potatoes. The aloo is simmered in milk, sugar and ghee and then enjoyed as halwa with crushed nuts as garnish.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep pan.
- Add the sugar and elaichi powder and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Simmer and add grated potatoes and cook till the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the raisins and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with sliced almonds and pistachio.
This recipe was contributed by apoorva23 on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.