Alu Vadi (patra)
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 30230 times
Alu Vadi (patra) is a steamed vegetable leaf roll recipe with the aloo or colocasia leaves rolled up one after another after getting smeared with a besan paste. These aloo patras are then cut into small spices and then steamed or deep fried as desired.
- Mix all the ingredients with the besan.
- Add required water to make a thick paste.
- Take an alu leaf and spread the paste on it.
- Place another alu leaf over it and spread the paste on it.
- Similarly place all the leaves and then roll it.
- Cut the roll into small round pieces.
- Either deep fry them or steam them in a pressure cooker.
- Temper rai and jeera and pour it over the pieces. serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 12 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.