This recipe has been viewed 4627 times
Alu dumwale is a popular north indian potato recipe wherein the aloo or potatoes are cooked with spices under pressure or dum. Kashmiri aalu dum is a traditional delicacy of potatoes cooked in a rich spicy gravy which is best paired with naan.
- Peel, wash and prick potatoes with a fork.
- Deep fry in moderate hot oil till the potatoes are golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the onion paste and saute on a high flame till the paste turns light brown in colour.
- Add cashewnut paste and beaten curds, mix well.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and saute for half a minute. Add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, mix well and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add fried potatoes, salt, mix well and reduce flame and add garam masala and kasoori methi.
- Cook on dum for 10 minutes on a slow flame.
- Garnish with fresh cream and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.