Alu Dum - Delicious Potato Curry
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25427 times
Alu dum is a popular north indian vegetable recipe wherein potatoes are cooked with spices under pressure or dum. Aalu dum is a traditional delicacy of aalus cooked in a rich spicy gravy.
- Combine the onions, garlic and ginger and blend in a mixer into a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared paste, chilli powder, turmeric and salt and saute for 5 minutes. .
- Add the potatoes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer till the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Add the garam masala, mix well and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by shilpavir1 on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.