Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8242 times
Keep an eye on the consistency of batter, it quickly thickens near heat. you may need to add water from time to time.eat these pakoras with plain yogurt (dahi). donot drink water immediately after eating or in between.
Add your private note
Aloo pakora recipe - How to make Aloo pakora
Cooking Time: Total Time:
cup Buckwheat flour (kotu ka atta)
3 medium sized Potatoes (boiled whole till half-cooked)
1/2tsp. Sendha Namak (Rock salt) or to taste
1/2tbsp. black pepper powder
1/4th cup finely chopped Coriander leaves
Ghee or Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and coriander in bowl and mix well.
- Add water and beat into a smooth batter. beat the batter until it is of cream consistency.
- Cover and keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cool enough, peel and slice each one into diagonal slices.
- Heat enough ghee or oil for deep-frying in a kadhai over moderate heat.
- Put few slices of potato into the batter and cover them completely.
- One at a time, lower each slice of batter-coated potato into the hot oil. fry as many slices as will float on the surface of the oil without touching. fry on both sides until reddish gray and crisp.
- Serve hot as the fitters soften as they cool.
This recipe was contributed by shalinivenkatesh on 08 Dec 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.