Aloo ki Kadhi Recipe
by vrunda naik
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16464 times
Add your private note
Aloo ki Kadhi Recipe recipe - How to make Aloo ki Kadhi Recipe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Combine the potatoes, 1/2 tsp salt, chilli powder and singhare ka atta in a deep bowl into a thick batter.
- Put aside 1/4 of the mixture and the rest will be made into pakoras.
- Heat oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once. Drop spoonfuls of the prepared batter into oil, lower the flame and fry to a golden colour. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Add the yoghurt to the remaining mixture, make a smooth paste and mix in water.
- In a heavy-based pan, reheat 2 tbsp of the same oil, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and whole red chillies. When slightly darkened, add ginger and saute little.
- Add the yoghurt mixture, salt and coriander powder and bring to a boil and then simmer over low flame till it thickens a bit; stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Add the pakories, simmer a couple of minutes more and serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 11 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.