Aloo ki Kadhi Recipe
by vrunda naik
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18135 times
- To make pakodas for the aloo kadhi recipe, combine the potatoes, 1/2 tsp salt, chilli powder and water chestnut flour in a deep bowl into a thick batter.
- Put aside 1/4 of the batter to thicken the kadhi.
- Heat oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
- From the remaing 3/4 batter, drop spoonfuls of the batter into oil, lower the flame and fry to a golden colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- To make the aloo kadhi recipe, combine the yoghurt with 1/4 of the pakoda batter kept aside, make a smooth paste and add water.
- In a heavy-based pan, reheat 2 tbsp of the same oil, add curry leaves, cumin seeds and whole red chillies. When slightly darkened, add ginger and saute little.
- Add the yoghurt mixture, salt and coriander powder and bring to a boil and then simmer over low flame till it thickens a bit, stirring continuously to avoid scorching.
- Add the aloo pakoras, simmer for a couple of minutes more and serve the aloo ki kadhi hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 24 Sep 2018
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.