Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13823 times
- Mix all ingredients of batter to form a dip thick enough to thickly coat back of a spoon. keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. add asafoetida, mustard seeds, green chillies and onions. saute for a couple of minutes till onions are soft and light golden color.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric and salt and sauté for a few more minutes; then add the mashed potatoes and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Allow the potato mixture cool down and divide the mixture into 8 portions, shape into round balls and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying
- Coat each of the potato balls in the gram flour batter and gradually let it into the oil and deep fry until golden brown in color.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot
This recipe was contributed by archanagk on 29 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.