Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6551 times
Aloo sultani celebrates the delectable blend of aloo or potatoes with a tangy tomato puree and spicy lentil curry. The delicious vegetable treat, aloo sultani is enriched with rich flavours and authentic sultani cuisine feel.
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the potatoes and cook till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dals with salt and a little turmeric powder till soft and blend them using a hand blender to make a smooth puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds, and ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and coriander powder and 500 ml water, mix well and cook till the water evaporates.
- Add the ginger, green chillies and peppers along with the fired potatoes and saute for a while till all the ingredients give out their flavour.
- Add the tomato and lentil puree, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by anasuyar on 12 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.