Aloo Roti Roll
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8649 times
Aloo-roti roll is a complete meal in itself with the dough made from soaked bread slices and flour and then made into rotis. These rotis are filled with fried potato based rolls and enjoyed, rolled in between the roti.
- Soak the bread slices in water for a few minutes, squeeze out the water and crumble. Keep aside.
- Sieve the flours and add the crumbled bread, salt and ghee, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portions into thin rotis.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti from both the sides.
- Keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes, green peas, cheese, green chillies, garam masala, lemon juice, and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into long rolls of the size of the puris.
- Keep aside.
- Dip the prepared potato rolls in the prepared plain flour batter and roll into bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and deep fry each roll till they turn golden brown form all the sides. Kep aside.
- Apply a little prepared masala water, sprinkle a little onion masala mixture and chillies in vinegar on each roti.
- Place a potato roll at the centre, fold and cook each roti on both sides for a few minutes using a little ghee.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 06 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.