Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7664 times
Aloo posto is a popular bengali dish. In a cuisine famous for non-veg food, this recipe is pure vegetarian, which does not have even onion and garlic. It is delicious and goes well with urad dal and plain steamed rice.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2" pieces.
- Strain poppy seeds using a tea strainer and grind in a mixer with 2 chillies to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till they turn soft.
- Add the potatoes and saute on a medium flame for few minutes till they are half done.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Now add ground poppy seeds and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water, mix well and cover and cook for 10-12 more minutes on simmer.
- Keep cooking till potatoes are fully done and all water is evaporated.
- Serve hot with plain steamed rice and urad dal.
This recipe was contributed by MommyLovesToCook on 03 Aug 2012I am a mum to a 1 year old. I love cooking for her as well as innovate to keep up with her ever chan...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.