Aloo Poshto, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21535 times
This all-time favourite Bengali dish can be made easily and quickly in the microwave oven. Aloo Poshto is a classic Bengali recipe of crisp potatoes coated with roasted and powdered poppy seeds and green chillies.
The special aroma and texture of roasted poppy seeds, and the mild but lingering effect of chillies, make this dish very enjoyable. The potatoes are not too crunchy but they have a noticeably nice texture.
Serve the Aloo Poshto immediately on preparation to enjoy the best texture and taste. Combine it with other Bengali delicacies like Bengali Style Okra and Bengali Matarsutir Dal to make a complete meal.
- Place the poppy seeds on a microwave-proof plate, and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Coarsely grind in a mixer along with the green chillies till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes with 2 tsp of oil in a microwave safe flat plate and microwave on high for 8 minutes, while stirring once in between. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 tsp of oil, dry red chillies, turmeric powder and ground poppy seeds in a microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and salt, mix gently and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.