Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2656 times
Aloo phulgobhi is a potato and cauliflower vegetable dish cooked in traditional home style. The aptly spiced aloo phoolgobhi taste superb with roti or naan.
Add your private note
Aloo Phulgobhi recipe - How to make Aloo Phulgobhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 green chillies
Garam masala, ground fine 1 tsp. 1/2 tsp sugar
Ghee 2 tsp. 1 tsp salt
Cauliflower 1 medium sized
Potatoes 2 large nos.
Dhania-jeera paste 1 tsp.
Whole jeera A few
Tej patta (bay leaf) 2 nos.
- 1.cut the cauliflower into large florets without the leaves, slice the potatoes into rounds and wash and keep aside
- 2.lightly fry the cauliflower and potatoes separately and keep aside.
- 3.heat oil in a kadhai, put the jeera and tej patta and lightly fry.
- 4.mix the spices with a little water, add this to the oil and fry on a low flame till the oil floats on top.
- 5.put in the half fried vegetables and mix well with the masala.
- 6.when well mixed, add 3/4 cup of hot water, lower the heat and simmer until cooked.
- 7.lastly add the green chilies, salt and sugar.
- 8.once the gravy thickens
This recipe was contributed by nidhi_b_77 on 14 Nov 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.