Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5164 times
Stuffed with potatoes and spices, aloo parantha simply melts in your mouth. Serve with white butter or curd.
- Sieve the flours with the salt.
- Add the ghee and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough. Keep aside.
- Mash the potatoes coarsely or cut into very small pieces. Keep aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Knead the dough and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Place one portion of the prepared filling in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring togeather all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook the paratha on a tava (griddle), using a little ghee until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 11 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.