5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6826 times
It is a local Himachali dish. Here the potatoes are cooked in a yoghurt based gravy.
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes and grind to a paste using a little water. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and temper with the cumin seeds, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and asafoetida.
- After they stop spluttering, add the onions and saute till light brown.
- Add all the powdered masalas and mix well. Now add the potatoes and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook on low flame till the potatoes are soft.
- Mix the ground paste with the blended yoghurt and add to the potatoes. Keep stirring on low flame till the gravy turns slightly thick.
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 14 Apr 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.