Aloo Mutter, Aloo Matar Pressure Cooker Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62687 times
Aloo mutter, one of the quickest vegetables to prepare, it will come to your rescue whenever you are pressed for time! tomato puree gives a nice, evenly coated texture to this subzi.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander- cumin seeds powder and garam masala and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, ¾ cup of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Lower the flame and pressure cook for another whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape using natural release method, ( refer handy tip ) before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally. It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.